Worldline’s Q3 growth driven by merchant services

Worldline’s Q3 growth driven by merchant services

Ecommerce-focused Worldline recorded 10% revenue growth, to €1.16bn, in Q3 2022. The company is continuing its expansion strategy, but has kept its full-year guidance the same – a move that no doubt surprised some investors.

Some of the key highlights from Worldline’s results:

  • Revenue growth was driven by Worldline’s merchant services segment, which grew 13.6% to €828m, followed by mobility and e-transactional services growing 3.4% to €89m and financial services growing 1.5% to 241. Note: this growth is based on updated Q3 2021 figures at constant scope and exchange rates.  
  • Merchant services were fuelled by market share gains and volume growth. Worldline’s commercial acquiring business saw high-teens growth, driven by SMBs and large retailers. Payment acceptance also saw mid-single digits growth, driven partially by travel recovery after the company ceased Russian activities in March.
  • Notably, Worldline didn’t update its guidance for FY22. It continues to expect revenue growth between 8% and 10% and a 1-1.5% improvement in its EBITDA margin. The company is well on the way to meeting its revenue objectives, expected to be around €4bn, with €3.18bn made in the first 9 months.
  • Worldline’s share price fell by around 2% in the immediate wake of the earnings announcement, which some have speculated was due to their current guidance being confirmed rather than increased.  
  • During Q3, Worldline sold 85% of its Terminals, Solutions and Services business to investment group Apollo Funds, with the remaining 15% to be sold on 1 January 2023. With this business passing to Apollo-owned Ingenico, Worldline now wants to focus on its core payment service offering. 
  • The company is trying to boost its technology offering for instore and online merchants, having acquired a 40% stake in Online Payment Platform B.V. and 55% of, which allows users to turn their smartphone into a POS terminal. 

How can I improve my ecommerce multicurrency pricing?

Read More About

Which payments companies are focusing on generative AI?

April 5th, 2024

Key trends for payment processors in FY 2023: Insights from earnings

March 28th, 2024

Mapping Singapore’s cross-border payments companies: MPI licence holders in Southeast Asia’s biggest market

January 18th, 2024

Sign In
Account Registration
By creating an account, you agree to our
Terms and Conditions
Please enter your email address
We'll send you instructions on how to reset your password.