Careers at FXC Intelligence
Come to work for a fast growing, leading data and technology company. We have a number of open roles and always interested to receive submissions from interested candidates. We offer:
- Competitive salary & incentive schemes
- Fantastic benefits package
- Regular team outings and events
- Relaxed dress code
- Tailored personal development program
Note: No recruiters please, direct enquiries only
Market Research Manager (London)
FXcompared Intelligence is looking for an experienced Market Research Manager for their London office.
The ideal candidate
- Have an excellent track-record in primary and secondary research including qualitative and quantitative methods;
- Be articulate and precise, and able to deliver high quality research outputs;
- Be confident and persuasive, and able to work with stakeholders at all levels;
- Have project management experience;
- Researching and reporting on the international payments industry. Also, presenting these reports and findings to stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
- Monitoring and analysing the international payments market more widely, reporting on trends, regulatory framework and policy to help inform decisions taken by the business unit.
- Guiding clients through our research models and helping to structure new programmes in such a way to support successful delivery at scale.
- Undertaking ad hoc research projects as required by the business unit.
Experience, skills & competencies
- Degree with a significant research component
- Relevant research and analysis experience from within a market research setting, or policy research/agency/business analysis context, with a track record in the delivery of research reports, presentations, and other projects
- Experience of working with multiple research methods
- Experience in design, data collection, and/or analysis survey data
- Experience in survey implementation (particularly related to CAPI, online survey methods and in coordinator roles for surveys)
- Experience in automated collection from websites
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office tools as well as other analytic and business intelligence software packages
- Experience of working with senior external customers/contacts
- Ability to work in marketing and customer pre-sales situations
- Experience in conducting data analyses that establish and document a business case
- Excellent planning, time management and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and succinctly
ETL Development Lead (London)
We are looking for an ETL Development Lead to report directly to our CTO and manage the people, processes and technologies involved with integrating data feeds from a variety of sources into our data warehouse.
- Hands-on manage a small onshore/offshore team of software developers and QA engineers.
- Continuously train staff in payments industry subject matter and ETL development best practices
- Track team member project progress, time and cost and continuously work to focus the team on priories and improve time, cost, and quality efficiencies
- Build and manage a human resource requirements plan to scale teams up and down as needed based on work loads
- Develop and manage others who develop ETL software pipelines
- Work in lock step with our Business, Data Collection, and front end Web Application Development teams to review data sources, finalize data load requirements specifications, load high quality data, and coordinate delivery schedules
- Follow our established data flow guidelines and procedures and load data into our PostgreSQL data warehouse. Once data is in our data warehouse, it will be queried by our Product Discovery team and fed into our business intelligence portal application.
- Write the pipelines using our Enterprise ETL Platform and Python. Some of your pipelines will be for one-time use and others will be productionalized and running periodically.
- As needed, scrape Websites using Python or our enterprise Web scraping tool.
- Establish and enforce change control and configuration management procedures
- Hands on manage and execute rigorous data QA
- Work with Business to establish data quality standards for all of our data loads and ensure that all executions meet these standards; define and implement data quality rules; establish and report KPIs
- Lead investigations into data quality problems and remediation
- Execute periodic data refreshes
- Holistically communicate status of your team’s activities:
- Track your team’s projects and issues using our company issue tracking system (Redmine).
- Maintain and periodically publish a data project roadmap
- Publish weekly team status reports.
- Lead weekly status briefings with our Senior Management team.
- Own knowledge sharing process and work products including business metadata and glossary documents
- Continually drive improvements to and optimizations in the existing operational processes, reporting and delivery methods
Required skills & experience
- Subject Matter Expertise in the International Payments space and Financial Services
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years’ experience in ETL development and data management in Financial Services, ideally International Payments
- 2 years’ experience programming in Python
- 2 years’ experience managing one or more teams of offshore resources
- Absolute proficiency in SQL, Excel and desktop data analytics tools
- Expert at project time and cost estimation
- Expert at human and system resource utilization monitoring, optimizing, and planning
- Prior experience in defining and implementing data quality programs
- Expert at one or more Enterprise ETL development platforms
- Experience with Web scraping
- Expert at holistically reporting status and managing stakeholder expectations
- Previous startup experience
Nice to have:
- Data science expertise