Careers at FXC Intelligence
Come to work for a fast growing, leading data and technology company. We have a number of open roles and always interested to receive submissions from interested candidates. We offer:
- Competitive salary & incentive schemes
- Fantastic benefits package
- Regular team outings and events
- Relaxed dress code
- Tailored personal development program
Note: No recruiters please, direct enquiries only
Market Research Manager (London)
FXcompared Intelligence is looking for an experienced Market Research Manager for their London office.
The ideal candidate
- Have an excellent track-record in primary and secondary research including qualitative and quantitative methods;
- Be articulate and precise, and able to deliver high quality research outputs;
- Be confident and persuasive, and able to work with stakeholders at all levels;
- Have project management experience;
- Researching and reporting on the international payments industry. Also, presenting these reports and findings to stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
- Monitoring and analysing the international payments market more widely, reporting on trends, regulatory framework and policy to help inform decisions taken by the business unit.
- Guiding clients through our research models and helping to structure new programmes in such a way to support successful delivery at scale.
- Undertaking ad hoc research projects as required by the business unit.
Experience, skills & competencies
- Degree with a significant research component
- Relevant research and analysis experience from within a market research setting, or policy research/agency/business analysis context, with a track record in the delivery of research reports, presentations, and other projects
- Experience of working with multiple research methods
- Experience in design, data collection, and/or analysis survey data
- Experience in survey implementation (particularly related to CAPI, online survey methods and in coordinator roles for surveys)
- Experience in automated collection from websites
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office tools as well as other analytic and business intelligence software packages
- Experience of working with senior external customers/contacts
- Ability to work in marketing and customer pre-sales situations
- Experience in conducting data analyses that establish and document a business case
- Excellent planning, time management and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and succinctly
Data Quality Manager (London)
We are looking for a Data Quality Manager to report directly to our CTO and manage the people, processes and technologies involved with integrating data feeds from a variety of sources into our data warehouse.
The Data Manager will report directly to our CTO and oversee a small onshore/offshore team of talented data engineers that collects third-party FX data through third-party integrations. The business team will provide the DQM our data collection requirements. The DQM will then create and manage execution of implementation schedules. He/she will work with the ETL developers who load the collected data into our systems. The right person will want to roll up his sleeves and design the data model and data flow changes and develop ETL scripts and stored SQL functions. He/she will be adept at communicating with everyone in the organization in clear, concise and audience-appropriate terms.
This job requires these main skill sets:
- Project Management
- Data Architecture
- ETL & SQL Development
- Data Quality and Availability
- Work with all stakeholders to evaluate project scope and costs and define and manage tasks and schedules. Manage risks and issues on all data projects. Report overall status twice a week to the Senior Management Team.
- Extend our existing data warehouse and downstream systems to accommodate new types of data and changes in requirements. This involves data modelling and data propagation strategies and working with our DBAs to optimize system resources and keep our costs down.
Data & ETL Development
- Write or maintain ETL pipelines on our PaaS platform and SQL scripts and mentor other developers.
Data Quality and Availability
- Own the the data in all of our Productions systems and ensure that it is accurate and available per customer commitments.
- Improve existing monitoring tools and methods.
- Define and rollout efficient work flow processes.
- Conduct or manage data quality issue root cause analysis.
- Be a subject matter expert on the international money transfer industry and its data.
- Ensure that everyone is following appropriate change control, configuration management, and data management procedures
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
Required skills and experience
- BSc/BA in computer science or a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years’ experience in data management
- 2 – 3 years’ experience managing one or more teams of offshore resources
- Proficient in SQL, Excel and desktop data analytics tools.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and relationship skills
- Expertise in data architecture and modelling
- Exceptional organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies
- Hands-on experience working with data management strategies as well as with metadata, data quality, data change management, data profiling and ETL.
- Comfortable working with and reporting from issue tracking systems. (We use Redmine.)
- Previous startup experience
- Extreme comfort and facility with managing ambiguity
- Ability to negotiate competing requirements
- Proven collaboration/relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to promote and drive change to further improve processes
- Self-motivated and proactive
Nice to have
- Prior experience with data profiling tools, data quality tools and BI / data visualization software
- Python, Java or other coding experience
- Prior experience in Financial Services
- Data science expertise
- Data Science skills; knowledge of statistical software packages (SAS, R, SPSS)